Ms. Cserr heads Chace Ruttenberg and Freedman's Intellectual Property practice. LuAnn represents U.S. and foreign companies and individuals in the development of IP protection strategies involving all aspects of patent procurement, trademark creation, registration and enforcement, and copyright protection. LuAnn's practice encompasses individual inventors, start-ups, and established companies with diverse intellectual property portfolios.
In her patent practice, LuAnn regulalry prosecutes patents, provides opinions as to patent validity, potential for infringement, and freedom to operate in the chemical, biological and mechanical arts. LuAnn also assists her clients in the maintenance of their brands by advising and assisting them in devising a comprehensive trademark strategy. LuAnn assists with mark selection, clearance, registration and enforcement, all in line with each client's particular industry and marketing strategy.
LuAnn is experienced in patent and trademark litigation in the United States federal courts and in the High Court of Justice of England and Wales, and in trademark cancellation and opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Universty of California, Hasting College of Law (JD)
- University of Michigan (BS, cum laude)
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California